Make A Payment

Dealing with debt and credit issues can be an emotional and sometimes intimidating process. It doesn’t need to be. If you know your rights, fully understand the situation you’re in and what options are available, you can avoid unnecessary stress while making the best decision for you and your family’s financial well-being.

If you believe you owe a debt, the most important thing to do is to contact us immediately. It is important to keep the lines of communication open.

Click on “Doctor Debt” to access valuable consumer education resources.

If you have an account listed for collection with SB&C, and would like to make a payment or discuss your account, please contact us at:


(360) 848-6552


P.O. Box 519
Mount Vernon, WA 98273

In person:

1520 E. College Way
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
By Appointment Only

Forms of payment:

 Cash, Check, Electronic Check, Bankcard, Money Orders, Cashier´s Checks

Who is SB&C and why are you contacting me?

SB&C is a professional third party debt collection agency. Creditors assign unpaid accounts to our office for collection. We are a debt collector. We collect these accounts on behalf of the creditor. If you have been contacted by our office, it is likely because we believe you owe a debt to one of the creditors for whom we collect and we are attempting to collect that debt. Any information we obtain will be used for that purpose. We are licensed in the State of Washington. We are an active Washington Corporation in good standing. We are active members and in good standing with ACA International (the Association of Credit and Collection Professionals) and the WCA (Washington Collectors Association).

I just received a collection letter, what should I do?

If this is the first notice you received from our office, please read the following Statement of Your Rights Under Federal Law: Unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereof, this office will assume this debt to be valid. If you notify this office, that you dispute the validity of the debt, in writing within 30 days from receiving this notice, this office will obtain verification of the debt or obtain a copy of a judgment if one exists, and mail you a copy of such judgment or verification. If you request from this office in writing within 30 days after receiving this notice, this office will provide you the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor.

If this is the first notice you received from our office and your letter was about a medical account, under Washington State law, in addition to the federal rights described above, you have the right to request: the original account number or redacted original account number assigned to the debt, the date of the last payment, and an itemized statement free of charge. If you received hospital based medical services, you might also be eligible for charity care/financial assistance and your letter should provide you with the contact information for the creditor you can contact to inquire about charity care.

If you have any questions, please contact our office at 360-848-6552.

I received a letter or a call about an account that I acknowledge that I owe the money. What should I do?

If you have received a letter or call from our office, and you acknowledge that you owe the money we are trying to collect and wish to resolve your debt, or have any questions about the account, you may call us at (360) 848-6552. We may have payment plans available to help you resolve your debt, and will work to answer any of your questions.

Where are you located?

Our office location is 1520 E. College Way Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Our mailing address is P.O. BOX 519, Mount Vernon, WA 98273.

How does my debt affect my credit report?

SB&C Financial does report delinquent accounts to the credit bureaus. This will not occur until the statutory period for you to exercise your rights under federal law has passed, and then only if your account meets eligibility criteria to be reported. The major credit bureaus we report to are listed below for your convenience.

My account was included in a bankruptcy, what should I do?

If you filed for bankruptcy, then you may not be required to repay any portion of the debt. In order to confirm the account should be discharged as a result of the bankruptcy, we need you to provide us with your bankruptcy case number. You may call us, write to us, or have your bankruptcy lawyer contact us with the information.

What if I can’t afford to pay the entire bill in full?

Call us to discuss a payment plan. We will work with you. If you are managing through financial hardship, we will work out a payment plan that will allow you to pay off your debt with us in a reasonable period of time.

How do I pay my debt?

You can pay over the telephone by calling us at (360) 848-6552 or by mailing your payment to PO Box 519 Mount Vernon, WA 98273.

We accept the following forms of payment:

  • Cash, Check, Electronic Check, Bankcard, Money Orders, Cashier’s Checks

Security Certifications & Memberships

Leadership in organizations that guide the development of the collection industry is important to us. These organizations influence and guide policies in our industry, and as a collection leader, we believe involvement within these organizations is essential. As a leader in the practice of ethical and compliant collection, SB&C is committed to numerous professional organizations.